How To Program A Harley Davidson Buttonless Key Fob?
Harley-Davidson motorcycles are equipped with an immobilizer system that disables the engine to prevent unauthorized starting. The system uses a key fob with a built-in transponder chip that sends a signal to the motorcycle’s ignition system. If the correct code is not received, the bike will not start. The key fob can be programmed by following a few simple steps.
- Purchase a buttonless key fob from a Harley Davidson dealership or online retailer
- Locate the small black programming button on the back of the key fob
- Press and hold the programming button for five seconds, then release it
- Within 30 seconds, press and hold the lock button on the key fob for three seconds to program it to your motorcycle’s ignition system
How Do I Reset My Harley-Davidson Key Fob?
If you need to reset your Harley-Davidson key fob, there are a few simple steps you can follow. First, find the small button on the back of the fob. Once you have located this button, press and hold it for approximately five seconds. After five seconds have passed, release the button and then press it again for three seconds. When you release the button for the second time, your key fob should be reset.
How Do You Program a Harley-Davidson Button Less Key Fob?
Harley-Davidson button less key fobs are programmed using a special code that is entered into the fob. This code is usually provided by the manufacturer, and it must be entered into the fob in order to program it. Once the code is entered, the fob will be programmed and ready to use.
How Do I Override My Harley-Davidson Key Fob?
Assuming you would like tips on how to override your Harley-Davidson key fob: If you have a Harley-Davidson key fob and you want to know how to override it, here are some tips.
First, if you have the owner’s manual that came with the bike, look up the instructions on how to do this. If not, no worries – we’ll walk you through it. The most important thing to remember when overriding your Harley-Davidson key fob is that there is a specific order in which the steps must be followed.
If done out of order, it will not work and could potentially damage the fob or the bike. With that in mind, here are the steps:
1) Sit on the motorcycle and make sure it is in neutral gear.
2) Turn off all accessories including lights, radio, etc.
3) Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the “run” position without starting the engine. You should see all lights come on except for the check engine light.
4) Press and hold both buttons on the key fob at the same time for 5 seconds (the big button with the HD logo and the small panic button).
After 5 seconds have passed, release both buttons simultaneously then press and hold just the panic button for another 5 seconds until you hear a chirping sound coming from under your seat – this indicates that successfully programmed your new personal code into the security system memory module located under your seat. If successful, all lights will flash 3 times and then stay solid for 30 seconds before going out completely
5) To test if the programming was successful – turn off the motorcycle then attempt to start using the new personal code (i.e., holding down just the panic button for 3-5 seconds).
Can You Ride a Harley Without the Key Fob?
No, you cannot ride a Harley without the key fob. The key fob is required in order to start the motorcycle.
If you own a Harley Davidson, you may be wondering how to program a buttonless key fob. While it may seem like a daunting task, it’s actually quite simple. All you need is the key fob and the ignition key. Here’s how to do it:
1. Insert the ignition key into the ignition and turn it on.
2. Press and hold the “set” button on the key fob for three seconds.
3. Press any button on the key fob once; this will activate the system and allow you to program your desired functions onto the buttons. If you want to cancel at any time, simply press and hold the “set” button again for three seconds.
4. To program a function onto a button, press and hold that button down until you hear a chirp (around five seconds). Then, release the button and press the desired function – either “lock” or “unlock.” The system will chirp again to indicate that it has been programmed successfully. Repeat this process for each of the four buttons on the key fob.