Best Brake Pads for Harley Davidson Touring Reviews 2020
The ability to stop your bike when you need to relies on the brakes of your bike being properly maintained. We know the importance of having our readers being able to stop their bikes easily so we asked the Harley Davidson mechanics in our panel to recommend the best brake pads for Harley Davidson touring bikes.
The mechanics told us there are a lot of features that have to be considered about a brake pad, and they recommended several of these devices that they regularly install on their bikes, and the bikes of their friends and customers.
Best Brake Pads for Harley Davidson Touring
1. EBC Brakes EBPCK1027 Complete Brake Pad Change Kit
This is a brake pad kit that provides you with front and back pads that are Sintered. They are durable and they will provide you great stopping capabilities on wet roads, or dry road conditions.
These pads are perfect for use on Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide models manufactured between 2008 and 2013, and Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide models manufactured between 2014 and 2015, as well as on the Harley Davidson Street Glide Special manufactured in 2015.
These brake pads are double H Sintered brake pads.
- These brake pads last longer than most other brake pads.
- These brake pads can be used on racing bikes and on street cruising because they tolerate high heat conditions and wet weather conditions.
- These brake pads are made in the United States.
- This is a complete kit that contains 2 front brake pads and 1 rear brake pad.
- These brake pads weigh 2.2 pounds.
- These pads are TUV tested.
- These pads are ECE R 90 brake safety approved devices.
2. Zinger Brake Pad for Harley Davidson
This is a double H Sintered brake pad change kit. It contains all of the pads you need for both your front and rear brakes.
These brake pads are perfect fits for the Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide models manufactured between 2008 and 2014, they also fit the FLHXS Harley Davidson Street Glide Special models manufactured in 2015, and the Harley Davidson Road King Classic models manufactured in 2008 through 2018.
They fit the Harley Davidson Night Rod Special models with cast wheels that were manufactured between 2009 and 2017, and the Harley Davidson Road King models with the spoke wheel manufactured between 2008 and 2016.
These are Sintered brake pads.
- These brake pads do not need to be changed as frequently as most organic brake pads do.
- You get both the front pads and the rear pad in one kit.
- They are easy to install.
- These brake pads weigh 2 pounds.
- These pads do not have the center groove for wear indication and heat dissipation.
3. Foreverun Motor Front and Rear Sintered Brake Pads for Harley Davidson Touring
This is three sets of Sintered pads. Sintered pads can operate better under high heat conditions like racing conditions, but they also perform under normal driving conditions like long road trips, or driving in inclement weather.
Material Composition: Sintered
- With this purchase you get enough brake pads to replace both front and rear pads.
- These pads are just like the stock pads that Harley installs at the factory.
- These are quality pads that are durable and will last a long time.
- These pads perform exceptionally under harsh conditions like wet roads, or high heat usage caused by long trips or racing.
- These pads are easy to install.
These pads are perfectly designed to fit the Harley Davidson Touring FLTR manufactured between 2000 and 2007, as well as the Harley Davidson FLTR-I Road Glide models manufactured between 2000 and 2007.
The pads fit the Harley Davidson Sportster models manufactured between 2000 and 2003, and the Harley Davidson Dyna Models manufactured between 2000 and 2003, and the Harley Davidson Low Rider, Super Glider Sport, Wide Glide, Dyna Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, models manufactured between 2000 and 2003.
4. ECCPP Braking Pads Kits Set for Harley Davidson
These are terrific brake pads that are not as hard on your rotors as the Sintered pads are. They perform well on long trips and on wet pavements.
Material Composition: These are carbon fiber brake pads that contain Kevlar fibers.
- The design of these brake pads enhances the thermal stability they have. This makes them perform better under high heat and high stress situations.
- This brake pad set provides 6 brake pads. You get 4 pads for the front and 2 pads for the rear.
- These pads do not create as much strain on your rotors.
- These pads are designed to last longer than most carbon fiber pads.
- These pads are easy to install.
These pads are designed to fit the Harley Davidson Night Rod Special, and the Harley Davidson Road Glide models, and the Harley Davidson Road King Models, as well as the Harley Davidson Street Glide models, and the Harley Davidson V-Rod models, and the Harley Davidson Street Rod models.
Specifics: These pads weigh 1.55 pounds.
5. Foreverun Motor Brake Pads for Harley Davidson Touring
These are excellent Sintered pads that will provide you with great stopping potential whether you are just running around town, going for an extended trip, or racing. They work well in wet or dry conditions.
Composite Materials: These brake pads are Sintered pads.
- The technology that produced Sintered pads increased the longevity of brake pads.
- These pads are the same type that Harley Davidson chooses to install on their bikes when they manufacture them.
- You get three sets of brake pads with enough pads for the front and the rear.
These pads are perfect replacement pads for the Harley Davidson Touring FLTR models made in 2000 until 2007. They also fit the Harley Davidson XL Sportster 1200s Sport models manufactured from 2000 to 2003, and the FXDX Super Glide Sport models manufactured between 2000-2003, and the 2000-2003 FXDL Low Rider, 2000-2003 Wide Glide, 2000-2002 Dyna Convertible, 2001-2003 Super glide T-Sport, and the 2004-2005 Super Glide Sport. As well as the 2000-2007 Road King, 2000-2007 Road King Classic, 2000-2007 Electra Glide Standard, 2000-2007 Road Glide, 2000-2007 Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2004-2007 Road King Custom, 2004-2007 Electra Glide Classic, and the 2006-2007 Street Glide.
6. Lyndall Brakes Z-Plus Brake Pads Front or Rear For Harleys
These are excellent organic brake pads. Organic pads are easier on the rotors of your bike and they produce less noise than the Sintered alternative.
Material Composition: These are organic brake pads.
- These pads are quieter than most Sintered pads are.
- These pads are not as aggressive on the initial bite as most Sintered pads are.
- These pads are more economical and fit a larger range of bikes than most Sintered pads do.
- There are enough of these pads for the front and rear to be changed together.
- These pads are lightweight and dependable.
- These pads are easier on the rotors of your bike than Sintered pads are.
- These pads produce very little debris that gets thrown out onto your rims.
2005Harley-Davidson15th Anniversary Fat Boy-Injected, 2007HarleyDavidsonDeluxe 2005 - 2006HarleyDavidsonDeluxe , 2006Harley-DavidsonDeluxe-Injected - 2007Harley Davidson Deuce 2000 , 2006Harley Davidson Deuce , 2001 -2006Harley Davidson Deuce, 2000Harley Davidson Dyna Convertible , 2007Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider 2000 - 2005Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider ,2006Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider-Injected ,2006 – 2007 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob 2007Harley-DavidsonDyna Super Glide 2000 - 2005Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide 2007Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom ,2005Harley-DavidsonDyna Super Glide Custom, 2005 - 2006HarleyDavidsonDyna Super Glide Custom Injected.2006Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide 2005Harley- Davidson Heritage 2007Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 2000 - 2006Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
Buying Guide Of Brake Pads For Harley
Selecting the right brake pad to use on your Harley Davidson is a critical thing. The brake pad you choose has to perform well, it has to be durable, and it has to fit your bike perfectly.
The brake pads on your bike are not just part of the braking system, they are a crucial part that helps you to ride safely with confidence. Consider the following things about brake pads before you decide which ones you want to buy.
Sintered Brake Pads
One of the most popular linings in brake pads today are the ones with Sintered linings. You will notice that most manufacturers are using this type of brake pad as original equipment.
This is because these pads are made by fusing metallic particles together under heat. The result is a wear resistant material that is good for city riders, racers, hilly terrains, long smooth stretches of road, and just about any kind of riding you might do.
The problem with the Sintered pads is they put a lot of stress and strain on your rotors. These pads are also noisier than organic pads. These pads have a much more aggressive bite when the brakes are initially applied.
These pads are made from fibers and fillers that are bound together using resins. You can buy organic pads that have Kevlar fibers that increase the durability and lifespan of the pads.
The organic pads are softer than the Sintered pads and they have a lower level of initial bite so you retain more control over the bike when you are traveling at low speeds and cruising around town.
These pads produce less brake dust and they are normally cheaper to buy than the Sintered pads are. They are quieter and when you apply the brakes the feel of the bike will be familiar.
Organic pads are not as tolerant to high heat situations and they tend to need to be replaced more frequently than the Sintered. They do not perform well when you are driving in wet or muddy conditions.
Semi-Centered Brake Pads
These pads combine the great features of lower rotor wear with a longer lifespan or greater durability. They provide the progressive feel you expect from organic pads and do not have the same initial bite you expect from Sintered pads.
Ceramic Composite Brake Pads
These pads are created out of ceramic fibers and non-ferrous metal filaments that are bonded together using extreme heat and pressure. They are quiet, they do less rotor damage, and they stop well when they are cold and when they have been heated from a ride.
Their biggest drawback is they are not available for every motorcycle.
If you are looking for carbon fiber brake pads then we suggest the ECCPP Braking Pads Kits Set for Harley Davidson. These pads are extremely durable due to the Kevlar fibers in them.
If you are looking for brake pads that work great and leave little to no debris on your rims then we suggest the Lyndall Brakes Z-Plus Brake Pads Front or Rear. They fit a large number of Harley models and they provide excellent performance.
Do to the long rides that people take on touring bikes the best brake pads for Harley Davidson touring bikes must be capable of withstanding wet road conditions, heat from lengthy rides, and have the ability to stop your bike quickly in case of an emergency.
You should also note that your brake pads should be changed regularly so that you always know that your brake system is in the best possible condition.