Best Harley Touring Seat Reviews 2023 With Buyers Guide
The seat on a Harley is one of the primary considerations of the rider/owner because the seat creates the comfort of the bike. We asked Harley renovation experts if there were specific touring seats that they recommended.
They told us that the best Harley touring seat is going to be decided primarily by the person riding the bike. They did tell us things to look for when buying a seat so we could help our readers do comparison shopping.
They also told us about several seats that they have installed before. The experts said that the following 7 seats all meet the criteria for durability, comfort, and Harley compatibility.
Our Top 3 Favorites In 2023
Best Harley Touring Seat Reviews 2023
1. SKWOOSH Classic Saddle Motorcycle Gel Seat Cushion for Harley
This gel seat cushion offers you all of the amazing comforts of gel, without you having to change your seat out. It is covered in a durable fabric that will last for many years, or miles.
Benefits of a Gel Seat Cushion
- The cushion will not alter the distance it is to your lower controls or pegs so it will not compromise your ability to ride.
- This cushion can be folded and stored until you are ready to use it.
- Has a cutaway down the center to provide maximum tailbone relief for the rider.
- The gel cushion relieves pressure on your bottom so you are more comfortable on long rides.
- It has an air channel that directs airflow to keep you cooler while you are riding.
This gel cushion seat covering attaches under the horn of the saddle. There is also a Snap Strap attachment that allows you more choices when attaching.
It has non-skid anchors on the bottom that anchor the cushion to the seat on your bike.
There is nothing you have to do to maintain this seat covering. You can wipe it down with a damp cloth to clean it if you choose to.
2. Mustang 79556 Motorcycle Seat for Harley-Davidson
This is a seat designed to provide seating for the driver and a passenger. It is a one piece construction. It does have a backrest for the driver.
This seat installs easily on compatible bikes. You will need a Phillips screwdriver and the rear fender screw from your original seat. If you do not have the rear fender screw you can buy a stock replacement that measures ¼” x 20 x ½”.
This seat is designed with a bolt pattern that allows it to easily fit the Harley Davidson Road Kings manufactured from 2008 til 2019, the Harley Davidson Street Glide Models manufactured from 2008 to 2019. The Harley Davidson Street Glide Trike models manufactured between 2010 and 2011, the Harley Davidson Road Glide models manufactured between 2008 and 2019, and the Harley Davidson Tri-Glide models manufactured between 2009 and 2019.
The front width of this seat is 19” and the rear width of the seat is 14”. This seat weighs 19.3 pounds. Full length measurements are 36” x 18.5” x 11”.
This seat is designed to position the driver 1.75” further back than the original Harley Davidson touring seats did.
3. Mustang 76145 Fastback Seat for Harley-Davidson Sportster
This is a seat designed for rider and passenger. The unique design allows the seat position for the rider to be slightly lower than the seat position for the passenger. The rider seat position is also slightly farther back than the seat position of the original Harley Davidson equipment.
The seat has a tapering towards the rear that gives the passenger section of the seat a streamlined appearance.
- This seat has a high-rising wall that provides the rider with increased back support for long ride comfort.
- Provides comfort for the passenger.
- Raises seat position slightly.
- This seat provides a unique and interesting appearance for your bike.
The installation is easy to do but you will need a Phillips head screwdriver and the retained stock fender screw from your original seat.
This seat is designed to be compatible with Harley Davidson Sportster Models manufactured between 2004 and 2019. Other specifications of the Sportster are that the bikes have a 2.1 gallon or 3.3 gallon tank.
This seat measures 11” in the front and 6” in the rear. It weighs 8.5 pounds and has total measurements of 32.2” x 12.5” x 10.3”.
4. Mustang 76033 Seat compatible for HD FL 2008 to 2018
This seat has the look of a vintage Harley Davidson seat, but provides a lot more comfort than the vintage seats did. It is a one piece construction that provides ample room from the wider seats.
It allows you to retain the stock positioning without sitting you farther backwards, or taller. It provides a lot more comfortable cushioning on both the rider and the passenger seat.
- The front bucket of the rider seat is cut narrower at the nose for easier mounting and dismounting.
- It can be purchased in plain black or with stud embellishments.
- It has an open baseplate that makes it possible for you to add a stock Harley Davidson or an OEM Mustang backrest assembly.
This seat is compatible with the Harley Davidson Road King models manufactured from 2008 to 2019. The Harley Davidson Street Glide models manufactured from 2008 to 2019, the Harley Davidson Street Glide Trike models manufactured between 2010 and 2011, along with the Harley Davidson Electra Glide models manufactured between 2008 and 2019.
This seat has a 17” wide seat for the riders and a 14” wide seat for the passenger. It weighs 15 pounds and has a full measurement of 31 inches x 10 inches x 10 inches.
5. XMT-MOTO Rider and Passenger Seat For Harley Touring
This seat offers comfort and style. It is crafted from iron and PP plastic, covered with foam and synthetic leather. Both the driver and the rider will experience greater comfort and less muscle fatigue.
- This seat has a new technology suspension system that protects the tailbones of the rider and the passenger from experiencing harsh impacts from rough roads or bumps.
- You can ride more comfortably with less fatigue.
- The seat reposition the driver slightly farther back than the original equipment did.
This seat is designed to be perfectly compatible with the Harley Davidson Touring models that were manufactured between 2014 and later. It fits the Harley Davidson Tri Glide models constructed from 2014 on up. This seat fits the Harley Davidson 2014 CVO Road King FLHRSE6, and the 2015and 2016 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low FLHCUL, and many more Harley Davidson bikes.
If you install this seat on a Tri Glide model you will have to remove the grab rail.
Can be slightly uncomfortable for shorter riders because it is a little taller and will change the height required to plant your feet firmly.
6. Le Pera Aviator Smooth Solo Seat LK-017
This single seat will provide you with the aggressive and classical look that Harley Davidson riders have come to love. It creates comfort without losing the look you love.
- This seat has a base plate that is made from steel that has been powder coated in epoxy and then carpeted so that your painted surfaces are protected from damage.
- This seat has a seating area that provides a 13” width and it offers 5 inches of back support.
- It is more comfortable for long rides.
- The seat is covered with a top-grade vinyl that is weather resistant and long lasting.
- The seat is made in the United States
- The positioning of this seat does not sit the rider farther back than the original equipment did.
This seat is compatible with a Harley Davidson Road Glide model manufactured in 2016 or 2017. The seat also bolts up to a Harley Davidson Road King manufactured in 2013 and a Harley Davidson Street Glide model manufactured in 2014.
This seat weighs 10.4 pounds. This seat has an overall measurement of 20 inches x 15 inches x 15 inches.
This seat does not come with a Pillion pad, but you can purchase one separately.
7. Saddlemen Road Sofa LS Seat for 2008-2013 Harley-Davidson
This seat provides a comfortable seating for both rider and passenger. It has gel technology in the cushions so long rides are more comfortable and you do not experience as much fatigue while riding.
- This seat offers a split cushion design that separates the seating from the available lumbar support.
- This seat reduces pressure on your tailbone and back so you can ride farther with less discomfort or strain.
- The seat comes with a protective rain cover.
- Has progressive density foam combined with gel inserts for maximum comfort.
- The leather cover is designed from perforated leather so it breathes easily and is not too hot to enjoy.
This seat is perfectly compatible with the Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic FLHTC models manufactured in 2008 until 2013. It is also compatible with the Harley Davidson
FLHRS Road King Special models manufactured in 2017 and 2018, and the Harley Davidson FLHTK Ultra Limited models manufactured in 2017 and 2018, and the Harley Davidson Road Glide FLTR manufactured from 2008 through 2009.
This seat weighs 14.1 pounds and measures 33.6 inches x 18.3 inches x 10.6 inches.
Buying Guide Of Touring Seat For Harley
The simple fact that you own a touring bike insinuates that you like to take long rides on your Harley Davidson. The perfect seat can make those rides more pleasant. Before you buy a new seat for your bike, consider the following features of seats, and the purposes for those features.
Then you can compare the features and design of the different seats and determine which one is best suited for your comfort.
The majority of all aftermarket seat manufacturers use the same bolt patterns as the original Harley Davidson products to make the installation of a new seat easier. It is always best to check and see if the bolt pattern of the new seat is compatible with the bolt pattern of your original seat.
If a seat is recommended to fit a specific style of Harley bike then the bolt pattern matches up with that bikes original pattern. Many manufacturers will describe this under a specification called fitment.
This is obviously just a personal preference feature. Some seats are made narrow like the old bicycle seats, some are made to accommodate a passenger, some seats are wider, and some seats have back rests built in.
You need to know what seat style you prefer. Go shopping and sit on several different seat styles to determine which one you like the most.
Materials Used in the Seat
The baseplate is the seat foundation. They are commonly made from fiberglass or 16 gauge steel tubing that is epoxy powder coated. These items may be one single piece or two units that are connected so the seat can accommodate a rider and a passenger.
There should be rubber bumpers crafted from Polyurethane and riveted to the baseplate.
Cushion or Filling
The cushions of the seat may be crafted from various thicknesses of foam, indulgent memory foam, or even gel materials. The foam used will either be open or closed cell foam. Open cell foam is soft and supple while closed cell foam is hard and rigid.
If you choose a gel seat, check for the durability and integrity of the material and the manufacturer. Gel is more comfortable than foam, and one day the gel seats will push the foam seats off the market.
You can find coverings that are made from leather or synthetic materials. You want to choose a cover that is going to last for a long time and is weather resistant. 100% leather is a great covering choice, and so are the reliable synthetics. Synthetic materials do not always breathe well, so make sure the one you choose breathes well.
Make sure the seams are tight and that they are neat. You want rolled and hemmed edges, and never want to see loose material hanging because eventually loose material frays.
If you are looking to upgrade your Harley Davidson saddle but do not really want to change out the entire seat then consider looking further into the SKWOOSH Classic Saddle Motorcycle Gel Seat Cushion. This cushion fits a wide range of bike seats, it is easy to install and to remove and store when it is not needed. It brings new technology comfort to your existing seat.
If you are looking for a replacement seat that will give you the vintage look we suggest the Mustang 76033 Seat compatible. This seat brings the classic look and provides you with the utmost comfort at the same time.
The best Harley Davidson touring seat is the one that you are comfortable sitting on. Make sure that you get a seat that allows you to easily plant both feet on the ground when needed.